WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Arturia Analog Lab 4 – Now 50% Off - Arturia Analog Lab 4 – Now 50% Off Arturia’s Analog Lab 4 is now half price either directly from them, or via third party vendors such as Plugin Boutique. For the uninitiated, Analog Lab contains around 6500 presets from 30 classic analog synthesizers, the same presets in fact, , have been cherry picked from the … Continue reading Arturia Analog Lab 4 – Now 50% Off
- Partial Structures From SUB51 - Partial Structures From SUB51 KK-Access.com Review SUB51 are back with a new and once again extremely affordable new sample library entitled Partial Structures. This time turning their focus on a useful collection of looped and one shot samples that could prove handy for game, media, film and ambient creators to keep in their back pockets. … Continue reading Partial Structures From SUB51
- Able Artist Foundation Announce Winners of First Music Competition - Able Artist Foundation Announce Winners of First Music Competition The Able Artist Foundation who provide a range of services globally to help disabled musicians, including their popular 50% discount scheme provided by supporting companies, yesterday announced the winners of their first international song competition. The winner and three runners up fought off competitors from around … Continue reading Able Artist Foundation Announce Winners of First Music Competition
- Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 By Sonuscore - Best Service – The Orchestra Complete 2 By Sonuscore KK-Access.com Review When it comes to orchestral libraries there are certainly a huge choice available, with a variety of flavours for all tastes, and prices to suit every budget. Some offer the ‘build it yourself’ approach, where working with the library requires you to compose your … Continue reading Best Service The Orchestra Complete 2 By Sonuscore
- Bioscape from Luftrum - Bioscape from Luftrum KK-Access Review The sound designer Luftrum has a long history of creating many high quality and inspirational sound preset collections that span a wide selection of softsynth plug-ins, ranging from Alchemy, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra, Repro, Pigments, Sylenth1 and Roland Gaia being among the most popular to name but a few, as well … Continue reading Bioscape from Luftrum
- Native Instruments Announce Komplete 13 - Native Instruments Announce Komplete 13… As we predicted recently Native Instruments have today announced the upcoming release of Komplete 13 and associated suite versions. The release date will be October 1st, but you can pre-order your version right away, To view pricing and preorder details checkout the link below: https://www.native-instruments.com/en/products/komplete/bundles/komplete-13/
- Komplete Kontrol Update Version 2.4.0 Now Available In Native Access… - Komplete Kontrol Update Version 2.4.0 Now Available In Native Access… 2.4.0 — 2020-08-20 ADDED Asynchronous Content Scan Scanning of content (Kontakt & Reaktor libraries, Expansions, Presets & Samples) now occurs in the background, background, allowing KOMPLETE KONTROL to be used immediately when launched (note: VSTs still require a restart and present a dialogue when scanning) … Continue reading Komplete Kontrol Update Version 2.4.0 Now Available In Native Access…
- Freelance Soundlabs Release a Trio of NKS Packs for Budget Priced Instruments… - Freelance Soundlabs Release a Trio of NKS Packs for Budget Priced Instruments… Freelance Soundlabs have just released new NKS preset packs for the following products… Sonivox Wobble Sonivox Twist WA Productions Ascension plus Expansions All of the above products are currently on sale at pocket money prices over at Plugin Boutique, so if the Summer … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs Release a Trio of NKS Packs for Budget Priced Instruments…
- Changes at the top for Native Instruments. - Changes at the top for Native Instruments. Native Instruments has announced that both Co-Founder and CEO Daniel Haver and Chief Innovation Officer and President Mate Galic are stepping down from their current leadership roles. Daniel Haver joined Stephan Schmitt as a co-founder in 1997, and has led the company as CEO since. Mate Galic joined … Continue reading Changes at the top for Native Instruments.
- SoundIron – Didgeridoos - SoundIron – Didgeridoos KK-Access Review Soundiron have a large catalogue of sample libraries that now span over a decade of releases. Among their more traditional output they have always strived to balance their products by adding content that is out of the ordinary, whether it be a library based on the sounds from a Washing … Continue reading SoundIron – Didgeridoos