WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Latest Freelance Soundlabs NKS Library updates, releases and news for February 2023 - Latest Freelance Soundlabs NKS Library updates, releases and news for February 2023 Here is the latest news from Freelance Soundlabs, we previously posted about the Korg Collection earlier this week, so have placed this at the bottom of the list to avoiud over repetition. Arturia Analog Lab V Update (VST3 and Additonal … Continue reading Latest Freelance Soundlabs NKS Library updates, releases and news for February 2023
- Freelance Soundlabs Update Korg Collection NKS Pack - Freelance Soundlabs Update Korg Collection NKS Pack Now Available: Korg Collection 4: microKorg / Electribe-R / Kaoss Pad https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/korgcollection4 Updated for the Korg Collection 4 this now includes 13 instrument libraries along with the Kaoss Pad effect and an FX library for the microKorg, over 10,000 fully tagged presets in total. With … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs Update Korg Collection NKS Pack
- Native Instruments Release New ‘How To Use Komplete Kontrol Accessibility Features’ Video - Native Instruments Release New ‘How To Use Komplete Kontrol Accessibility Features’ Video It might seem like an odd decision for Native Instruments to release an overview video highlighting the accessibility features of Komplete Kontrol, particularly at a point when many from the VI community have been using them for years. However with … Continue reading Native Instruments Release New ‘How To Use Komplete Kontrol Accessibility Features’ Video
- Emergence Audio Release INFINITE STEEL TONGUE - Emergence Audio Release INFINITE STEEL TONGUE Emergence Audio have just released their latest sample library INFINITE STEEL TONGUE.Building on the success of recent releases such as Infinite Bird Whistle, Cello Textures, Soprano Textures & Quantum, a STEEL TONGUE drum is the unlikely sample source candidate to be processed through the truly unique Emergence Audio … Continue reading Emergence Audio Release INFINITE STEEL TONGUE
- Free Heavyocity Foundations EMOTIVE Choir - Free Heavyocity Foundations EMOTIVE Choir The latest in the Heavyocity free Foundations series has just been released, this time the attention turns to vocals. Their existing range of products already includes their well respected GP Vocaliser series, and this new freebie will be a welcome introduction for new users to the Heavyocity range … Continue reading Free Heavyocity Foundations EMOTIVE Choir
- HIVE Talkin, It’s The Last Day OF Native Instruments U-HE Sale - HIVE Talkin, It’s The Last Day OF Native Instruments U-HE Sale Today is the final opportunity to grab deals in the current U-HE sale on the Native Instruments website. I just wanted to give a shout out to Hive 2 which is the cheaper of the synthesizer instruments included in the bundle but … Continue reading HIVE Talkin, It’s The Last Day OF Native Instruments U-HE Sale
- Native Instruments Team Up With U-HE For Big Year End Sale - Native Instruments Team Up With U-HE For Big Year End Sale The final big Native Instruments partner sale of 2022 is with U-HE, masters of the virtual analog synth. This last pre-Christmas blow out offers the opportunity to grab some big discounts on U-HE product bundles along with discounts on individual instruments & … Continue reading Native Instruments Team Up With U-HE For Big Year End Sale
- SonixinemaFree Christmas Bells - SonixinemaFree Christmas Bells If your virtual Christmas stocking is not yet full enough, here is yet another freebie, this time from Sonixinema! This looks very similar to Sleigh Bells from Fracture Sounds, but I guess you can never quite have enough Sleigh Bells …. unless it’s the equivalent to the last mince pie … Continue reading SonixinemaFree Christmas Bells
- Arturia Release Pigments 4 - Arturia Release Pigments 4 Arturia have just released version 4 of their Pigments synth, which adds preset accessibility through use of the JUCE coding, and there are also a further 120 new presets included in the NKS factory presets, bringing the included total up to 1440. There is currently a 50% discount promotion … Continue reading Arturia Release Pigments 4
- Lunaris 2 from Luftrum - Lunaris 2 from Luftrum KK-Access Review If I were asked to name three or four prominent and well respected commercial synth preset designers within the music industry, then Luftrum would certainly be included in the list. Alchemy, Omnisphere, Diva, Zebra, Repro, Pigments, Sylenth1 and Roland Gaia are among the most popular, with … Continue reading Lunaris 2 from Luftrum