WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Sudden Audio – Raw Strings - Sudden Audio – Raw Strings KK-Access Review Springing up seemingly from nowhere, Sudden Audio have hit the ground running with their first release Raw Strings, melding classic bowed string sounds and fx with all manner of other instruments and found sounds. Sudden Audio already display the level of product maturity associated with a developers second … Continue reading Sudden Audio – Raw Strings
- Latest NKS Presets News From Freelance Soundlabs… - Latest NKS Presets News From Freelance Soundlabs… UVI Toy Suite There is Quite a large library covering the different instruments in this collection. Custom labelled controller maps for the different instrument groups and fully tagged library with sound previews, artwork and database files. Groups have been created for each category. Offered in both Falcon and … Continue reading Latest NKS Presets News From Freelance Soundlabs…
- SoundsAndGear.com Give Away Their ReFX Nexus 2 NKS Browser For Free… - SoundsAndGear.com Give Away Their ReFX Nexus 2 NKS Browser For Free… SaintJoe over at Sounds & Gear is giving away his NKS preset pack for Nexus 2 gratis at the moment. As you may know Nexus 3 is now out on the market, and has NKS support albeit I understand as an add-on pack, but … Continue reading SoundsAndGear.com Give Away Their ReFX Nexus 2 NKS Browser For Free…
- Fracture Sounds – Glacier Keys - Fracture Sounds – Glacier Keys KK-Access Review Fracture Sounds enjoyed well deserved commercial success last year with both new releases as well as welcome NKS updates to their popular Woodchester Piano and Midnight Grand. Now they are back with their first release of 2021 with Glacier Keys, which like Midnight Grand and Dulciano also harnesses … Continue reading Fracture Sounds – Glacier Keys
- Normalising The Conversation – The Road To AAccessible Music Tech - Normalising The Conversation – The Road To AAccessible Music Tech Normalising The Conversation, The Road To Accessible Music Tech is a free online event designed to bring music equipment manufacturers, retailers and educators together under one umbrella to have light hearted yet fruitful conversations regarding the current state of music technology worldwide and how can … Continue reading Normalising The Conversation – The Road To AAccessible Music Tech
- Vienna Symphonic Library – SYNCHRON-ized Appassionata Strings - Vienna Symphonic Library – SYNCHRON-ized Appassionata Strings KK-Access Review In this review guest writer Kevin Kearne follows up on his recent in depth look at VSL – SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Vol 1 & 2, with a detailed overview of VSL – SYNCHRON-ized Appassionata Strings. Formerly known as just Appassionata Strings, the revision has brought with … Continue reading Vienna Symphonic Library – SYNCHRON-ized Appassionata Strings
- Native Instruments & U-HE Team Up For Latest Promo… - Native Instruments & U-HE Team Up For Latest Promo… The new promotion from Native Instruments once again sees them partnering with legendary soft synth developers U-HE. As with previous offers, the tiered pricing makes the full bundle very tempting with 60% off when you purchase the whole bundle, consisting of instruments and fx, however as … Continue reading Native Instruments & U-HE Team Up For Latest Promo…
- Vienna Symphonic Library – SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Vol 1 & 2 - Vienna Symphonic Library – SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Vol 1 & 2 KK-Access Review It’s finally here! VSL, widely regarded as the best of the best in sampled orchestral instruments, has lovingly embraced NKS implementation, and the final result is a collection of accessible instruments worthy of VSL’s well deserved and unparalleled stellar reputation among professional … Continue reading Vienna Symphonic Library – SYNCHRON-ized Special Edition Vol 1 & 2
- SonicCouture Are Bringing You An Early Christmas Gift! - SonicCouture Are Bringing You An Early Christmas Gift! Those nice chaps over at SonicCouture have released a free version of their popular Hammersmith Model D , with NKS and Kontakt Player compatability. The 2.5Gb library has 21 velocity layers and was recorded at Mark Knopfler’s British Grove studio in Hammersmith To grab yourself a free … Continue reading SonicCouture Are Bringing You An Early Christmas Gift!
- SonoKinetic – 12 Days of Christmas - SonoKinetic – 12 Days of Christmas In what is now a popular annual event, SonoKinetic have just begun their 12 days of Christmas promotion. There are some large discounts to be had on their range of sample libraries, as well as the odd freebie thrown in for good measure. Yesterday was 75% off Majestic, their … Continue reading SonoKinetic – 12 Days of Christmas