WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- DAMAGE GUITARS & DAMAGE ROCK GROOVES BY HEAVYOCITY - DAMAGE GUITARS & DAMAGE ROCK GROOVES BY HEAVYOCITY KK-ACCESS REVIEW Damage is undoubtedly the product that brought Heavyocity to the attention of the music producing masses, and the ongoing demand and interest is still such for this series that Heavyocity are still continuing to add to it over a decade after … Continue reading DAMAGE GUITARS & DAMAGE ROCK GROOVES BY HEAVYOCITY
- VOCAL COLORS BY GALAXY INSTRUMENTS - VOCAL COLORS BY GALAXY INSTRUMENTS KK-ACCESS REVIEW It’s been some time since we have seen a new product from Galaxy Instruments, and now the creators behind many popular products such as Una Corda, Thrill, Mysteria, Noire & Piano Colors their last release, are back on the scene with Vocal Colors, a … Continue reading VOCAL COLORS BY GALAXY INSTRUMENTS
- NATIVE INSTRUMENTS SUMMER OF SOUND 2023 IS NOW LIVE! - NATIVE INSTRUMENTS SUMMER OF SOUND 2023 IS NOW LIVE! If you have been awaiting the annual Summer of Sound promotion from Native Instruments, then today is the golden calendar date with a circle around it! From now until July 6th is probably the best time of the year to indulge your … Continue reading NATIVE INSTRUMENTS SUMMER OF SOUND 2023 IS NOW LIVE!
- STACCATO BY ARTISTRY AUDIO - STACCATO BY ARTISTRY AUDIO KK-ACCESS REVIEW Artistry Audio have now become a notable developer in the sample library marketplace, particularly since adopting the NKS & Kontakt player platform, which for blind & visually impaired customers will now make their products available to use through Komplete Kontrol & NKS. Their … Continue reading STACCATO BY ARTISTRY AUDIO
- SPOTLIGHT PIANO – EMOTIVE SCORING GRAND BY FRACTURE SOUNDS - SPOTLIGHT PIANO – EMOTIVE SCORING GRAND BY FRACTURE SOUNDS KK-ACCESS REVIEW Hot on the heels of their previous release, the enormously popular Hemisphere Ambient Cinematic Guitars, comes Spotlight Piano – Emotive Grand. This latest library joins a line of existing Fracture Sound Steinway D piano libraries, , Midnight … Continue reading SPOTLIGHT PIANO – EMOTIVE SCORING GRAND BY FRACTURE SOUNDS
- Strezov Sampling Release The Creative Toolbox Steinway Grand Piano Free Library - Strezov Sampling Release The Creative Toolbox Steinway Grand Piano Free Library As a follow up to their recent free DRUMS AND PERCUSSION library, Strezov Sampling are now giving away this Steinway Grand Piano Kompletely free! It requires either the full version of Kontakt or the free Kontakt player version 7.0.11+, and … Continue reading Strezov Sampling Release The Creative Toolbox Steinway Grand Piano Free Library
- SUBVERSION BY DARK FORCE AUDIO - SUBVERSION BY DARK FORCE AUDIO KK-ACCESS REVIEW We are always keen to shine a spotlight on new developers, and given this, Subversion is the subject of this review, it being the debut sample library release for Dark Force Audio. Subversion – Blazing Trails! It is probably fair … Continue reading SUBVERSION BY DARK FORCE AUDIO
- HERE IS A VIRUS THAT YOU ACTUALLY MIGHT WANT TO HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTER! - HERE IS A VIRUS THAT YOU ACTUALLY MIGHT WANT TO HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTER! The Virus synth was first in production back in 1997 and has been through several iterations since then. Now a dedicated group of people are reverse engineering the Motorola DSP563xx processor that was used in the virus … Continue reading HERE IS A VIRUS THAT YOU ACTUALLY MIGHT WANT TO HAVE ON YOUR COMPUTER!
- Arturia Release Augmented Brass - Arturia Release Augmented Brass Arturia have now added Brass to their ongoing Augmented series which already includes Strings, Voices & Grand Piano. The Augmented series takes these established instruments and further mangles and shapes them into new sonic terratories which can be used in a variety of music genres. … Continue reading Arturia Release Augmented Brass
- THE UNFINISHED RELEASE NORDSUND FOR U-HE DIVA - THE UNFINISHED RELEASE NORDSUND FOR U-HE DIVA The Unfinished (AKA Matt Bowdler) has just released Nordsundd for the U-HE Diva synth. This new sound set features 200 presets of analog & organic style sounds in the Nordic Noir cinematic genre. Following on from the previously released four U-HE Zebra … Continue reading THE UNFINISHED RELEASE NORDSUND FOR U-HE DIVA