WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Rob Papen Updates New Quad Synth for NKS Including Explorer 6 Package… - Rob Papen Updates New Quad Synth for NKS Including Explorer 6 Package… QUAD was the first-ever Rack Extension synthesizer built from the ground up for Reason, and has recently been released as a VST product in it’s own right. Although the synth did not have NKS support on the initial release, as with all Rob … Continue reading Rob Papen Updates New Quad Synth for NKS Including Explorer 6 Package…
- Heavyocity Mosaic Bass - Heavyocity Mosaic Bass KK-Access Review Heavyocity get down to basics in this brand new edition to their Mosaic series… New York based Heavyocity have certainly been keeping busy under lockdown, both compiling their excellent Stayhome donationware loop pack, and also putting the finishing touches to this their third in the Mosaic series. Mosaic Keys and … Continue reading Heavyocity Mosaic Bass
- Heavyocity Release Mosaic Bass… - Heavyocity Release Mosaic Bass… Heavyocity are today releasing Mosaic Bass the third in their current Mosaic library series. From the press release: Mosaic Bass continues the work of Mosaic Keys & Mosaic Voices: empowering you to create dynamic, cinematic textures from a palette of inspiring sources. Combining growling sampled synth with vibrant organic attacks and … Continue reading Heavyocity Release Mosaic Bass…
- Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro, Core & Discover Updates - Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro, Core & Discover Updates We are Pleased to report that Spitfire have acknowledged the one or two issues early adoptors had noticed with the Pro and Core libraries. BBC SO Pro The absence of the Bass Flute NKSF preset is on the fix list as a priority, which means … Continue reading Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro, Core & Discover Updates
- Able Artist Foundation Music Contest 2020 - Able Artist Foundation Music Contest 2020 Some of you have by now taken advantage of the generous product discounts made available by participating vendors to the Able Artist scheme, which offers 50% reductions on goods and services. Now it’s your opportunity to show off what you have created with those libraries, as Able Artist Foundation … Continue reading Able Artist Foundation Music Contest 2020
- Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra For Free! - Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra For Free! It’s fair to say that Spitfire Audio’s BBC Symphony Orchestra attracted a lot of attention when it was first released last year, not least due to the heaps of hype that the Spitfire machinery itself often seems to create. There is now some good news however if you have … Continue reading Spitfire BBC Symphony Orchestra For Free!
- SUB51 – Mechanic Drum Loop Library - SUB51 – Mechanic Drum Loop Library KK-Access Review SUB51 have in a relatively short space of time, carved out a reputation for producing quality, affordable niche sample libraries. in particular there take on various classic drum machines have added desirable FX and controls to sounds and kits that have been sadly neglected when it comes … Continue reading SUB51 – Mechanic Drum Loop Library
- SonicCouture ALL SAINTS CHOIR - SonicCouture ALL SAINTS CHOIR KK-Access review SonicCouture’s newest outing sees them release their first full 32 voice Choir Library, quite a departure in comparison to their earlier 10cc appreciation library ‘Tape Choir’, let’s see how they rose to the challenge! SonicCouture have never created what I would deem as traditional sample libraries, yet it somehow … Continue reading SonicCouture ALL SAINTS CHOIR
- SUB51 Release Mechanic – A New Hybrid Electro Drum Loop Library - SUB51 Release Mechanic – A New Hybrid Electro Drum Loop Library SUB51 have released some great drum machine libraries over the past year or so, all of which have brought the timeless sound of classic 80’s beat boxes into the Kontakt and Komplete Kontrol ecosystem with flexible user controls. Their latest release ‘Mechanic’ continues to … Continue reading SUB51 Release Mechanic – A New Hybrid Electro Drum Loop Library
- SoundIron Giveaway Free Olympus Choir Elements Pack - SoundIron Giveaway Free Olympus Choir Elements Pack For existing ownders of the SoundIron Olympus Elements Choir, they are currently giving away a pack of preset NKI files which can be added to your existing instruments folder, to add some fresh sounds to your library. Here is the page link: https://soundiron.com/blogs/news/olympus-choir-elements-free-preset-pack?utm_source=Soundiron+Mailing+List&utm_campaign=a330dca7bc-EMAIL_CAMPAIGN_2018_11_17_02_17_COPY_01&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_259d52aa42-a330dca7bc-297647441&mc_cid=a330dca7bc&mc_eid=4abbe7fd43 SoundIron are also having a … Continue reading SoundIron Giveaway Free Olympus Choir Elements Pack