WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Free NKS Pack Now Available For Spitfire Audio’s Free Labs Libraries… - Free NKS Pack Now Available For Spitfire Audio’s Free Labs Libraries… I am Pleased to announce that a chap on the Native Instruments forum has made NKS packs available for all of the Spitfire Audio free Labs libraries, which use Spitfire’s own bespoke plugin and is normally completely inaccessible. I have already thanked him for … Continue reading Free NKS Pack Now Available For Spitfire Audio’s Free Labs Libraries…
- Freelance Soundlabs Release Izotope Iris 2 NKS Preset Pack… - Freelance Soundlabs Release Izotope Iris 2 NKS Preset Pack… Freelance Soundlabs have today released an NKS preset pack for Iris 2 which covers the core 350 preset factory content. Jason has made many of the parameters available through 14 pages of hardware controls, as well as creating pre-hear audio files for the entire set. These … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs Release Izotope Iris 2 NKS Preset Pack…
- How To Install A Non-NKS Kontakt or BatteryProduct To Your User Content… - Samples From Mars – 808 Kits for Battery & Kontakt… Yesterday as I previously posted was 808 day in recognition of that iconic beat box from Roland, certainly if a drum machine could earn royalties for itself, it would be wealthier than Bill Gates by now! Anyway, the library comes in a variety of Native … Continue reading How To Install A Non-NKS Kontakt or BatteryProduct To Your User Content…
- Native Instruments Launch latest Promotion – NKS Vocal Special! - Native Instruments Launch latest Promotion – NKS Vocal Special! Native Instruments have today started their latest special offer, and this time the Human Voice is taking centre stage. Teaming up with sample library legends SoundIron, Heavyocity, Audiobro, and Cinesamples. , it’s possible to save up to a whopping 80% on certain bundle configurations. There are … Continue reading Native Instruments Launch latest Promotion – NKS Vocal Special!
- Instance Selection On MK2 Keyboards - Instance Selection On MK2 Keyboards I have now had official confirmation from Native Instruments that there is a bug in the current build of Komplete Kontrol, which negates instance selection from the 4-way Encoder, this only affects MK2 keyboards that have no official DAW host integration. A fix will be worked on and hopefully implemented … Continue reading Instance Selection On MK2 Keyboards
- Samples From Mars – Free Today Roland TR808 Kit… - Samples From Mars – Free Today Roland TR808 Kit… Samples from Mars are celebrating 808 day by giving away their updated 808 From Mars Kit for free, all you need to do is sign up for an account if you don’t already have one, in order to then checkout with the zero balance, and then … Continue reading Samples From Mars – Free Today Roland TR808 Kit…
- Air Music Transfuser 2 – Amazing Price at VST Buzz! - Air Music Transfuser 2 – Amazing Price at VST Buzz! My pet hate wehn I see deals come up is the term ‘no brainer’, however in this case I actually find myself having to use it to describe the current deal at VST Buzz! For just £15.65 you can pick up this huge sample based … Continue reading Air Music Transfuser 2 – Amazing Price at VST Buzz!
- Opacity by Audio Modern - Opacity by Audio Modern KK-Access Review audio Modern are a Bulgarian based library developer who are rapidly establishing themselves in the sample library market, with popular and affordable products such as the Sync series of percussive hybrid and ambient drum loops, hybrid construction instruments like Paths 1& 2, and also Atom which was recently updated … Continue reading Opacity by Audio Modern
- Plughugger Sounds Summer Sale! - Plughugger Sounds Summer Sale! Yet Another Summer sale I’m afraid, this time it’s not for sample libraries, but preset sounds for U-HE Diva, Repro One, Repro 5 and U-HE Hive, as well as a large selection of Omnisphere presets. Plughugger have a growing collection of modern and classic preset sounds for a variety of synths, … Continue reading Plughugger Sounds Summer Sale!
- Project Sam Free Orchestra TF07 Now Available! - Project Sam Free Orchestra TF07 Now Available! If you were not able to take advantage of the recent Project Sam promotion in partnership with Native Instruments that finished last Sunday, all is not lost, as the generous guys over at Project Sam have just made their latest free orchestra available to download. TFO – #7: … Continue reading Project Sam Free Orchestra TF07 Now Available!