WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS – By Red Room Audio - CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS – By Red Room Audio KK-Access Review CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS is a new, innovative loop and phrase based drum and percussive library from Red Room Audio, that promises a simple fuss free way of quickly adding some epic and World rhythms to your project, whilst at the same time making … Continue reading CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS – By Red Room Audio
- New NKS Updates From Freelance Soundlabs… - New NKS Updates From Freelance Soundlabs… Freelance Soundlabs have released a couple of updates for popular products which many of us have here on the list, First up, is Arturia Analog Lab 4, here is the release note: AnalogLab 4 Update https://freelancesoundlabs.com/nks/analoglab – AnalogLab 4 NKS library has been updated to v2.5.4: – Added new … Continue reading New NKS Updates From Freelance Soundlabs…
- Heavyocity – ASCEND: MODERN GRAND – Review - Heavyocity – ASCEND: MODERN GRAND the immortal Concert D, reimagined. KK-Access Review Heavyocity continue to further fill any remaining gaps in their uniquely stylized and already rich compliment of cinematic instruments with this latest release, a beautiful Steinway concert D grand piano. which has been specifically auditioned and selected to fit the companies unique trademark … Continue reading Heavyocity – ASCEND: MODERN GRAND – Review
- Project Sam Release The Free Orchestra Number 9 - Project Sam Release The Free Orchestra Number 9 The latest offering in Project Sam’s free Orchestra is now available, number 9 in the series is ‘Short Strings’. This Cinematic ensemble string staccatos library can be downloaded from the following link: https://projectsam.com/library-category/the-free-orchestra/ You will need to have created an account at Project Sam in order to … Continue reading Project Sam Release The Free Orchestra Number 9
- New Native Instruments Partner Promotion – Up to 63% Off Orchestral Tools! - New Native Instruments Partner Promotion – Up to 63% Off Orchestral Tools! The latest promotion to hit the Native Instruments website is in tandem with partner Orchestral Tools, with three bundles available or if preferred the option to mix and match individual products with 50% off For full details checkout the offer at the following … Continue reading New Native Instruments Partner Promotion – Up to 63% Off Orchestral Tools!
- Audio Imperia – Nucleus – THE ORCHESTRAL CORE - Audio Imperia – Nucleus – THE ORCHESTRAL CORE KK-Access Review There are without doubt no shortage of orchestral sample libraries on the market, many claiming their own degree of uniqueness, however it often seems to boil down to a choice between fully featured expensive solutions, or cheaper, often older libraries with less than ideal playability … Continue reading Audio Imperia – Nucleus – THE ORCHESTRAL CORE
- Red Room Audio – Symphonic Sketchpad now only $99.00 - Red Room Audio – Symphonic Sketchpad now only $99.00 If you have downloaded and enjoyed using the free version of Palette Primary Colours, then this current deal from Audio Plugin Deals could be of particular interest to you. Symphonic Sketchpad is a fully featured and well stocked orchestral library totalling 29Gb in size, it has … Continue reading Red Room Audio – Symphonic Sketchpad now only $99.00
- W. A. Production Joins Sounds.com - W. A. Production Joins Sounds.com Sample pack and plug-in developer W.A. Production have now joined Native Instruments Sounds.com as a sample contributor to further bolster the available content of this emerging platform. All recent and upcoming sample pack releases will be uploaded for sounds.com subscribers to use. Further Information at: https://www.waproduction.com/ https://sounds.com/samples?gclid=Cj0KCQjw2efrBRD3ARIsAEnt0eiZN-2FaqP3fU9IURLKqR5rwpN8gpFAkTbupBnaG1w_Cd4PjuYOFLkaAtZDEALw_wcB#
- Important Info Regarding Next macOS 10.15 Catalina Update… - Important Info Regarding Next macOS 10.15 Catalina Update… Most folk will have received this infromation via email already, but just in case, here it is again. In the next few weeks, Apple will release a new operating system, macOS 10.15 Catalina. To ensure your Native products work the way they should, we recommend waiting to … Continue reading Important Info Regarding Next macOS 10.15 Catalina Update…
- Freelance Soundlabs Release Soundtoys FX NKS Bundle - Freelance Soundlabs Release Soundtoys FX NKS Bundle Here are the latest words from Jason over at Freelance Soundlabs: Full bundle of all 21 Soundtoys effects are available as well as individual NKS for each effect for those that do not have the full bundle. It took quite some time to create due to the number … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs Release Soundtoys FX NKS Bundle