WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Native Instruments Release SESSION GUITARIST – ELECTRIC MINT - Native Instruments Release SESSION GUITARIST – ELECTRIC MINT The latest in the Session Guitarist series is once again in collaboration with Drumasonic, and this release adds yet another classic guitar model to the expanding series. Delivering the versatile flavor of one of the most iconic electric guitar models, ELECTRIC MINT is sampled from … Continue reading Native Instruments Release SESSION GUITARIST – ELECTRIC MINT
- FOUNDATIONS Nylon Guitar By Heavyocity - FOUNDATIONS Nylon Guitar By Heavyocity KK-Access Review Back with another of their amazing free libraries, Heavyocity have now followed up on Foundations Piano & Staccato Strings with this their third release in the series, Foundations Nylon Guitar. I’m making no apology for quoting the following paragraph directly from their press … Continue reading FOUNDATIONS Nylon Guitar By Heavyocity
- A Few Current NKS Product Deals that Came Across The KK-Access Radar! - A Few Current NKS Product Deals that Came Across The KK-Access Radar! Cymatic Form – ACOUSMATIC ENGINE 50% Off Summer Sale: Product Page: https://www.cymaticform.com/acousmatic-engine KK-Access Review: Acousmatic Engine By Cymatic Form minimonsta by g force-software Now $29.99 Emulation of Minimoog Product Page: Minimonsta® NKS Preset Pack Required From Freelance … Continue reading A Few Current NKS Product Deals that Came Across The KK-Access Radar!
- SonicCouture Sun Drums - SonicCouture Sun Drums KK-Access Review it was back in October 2019 when upon it’s first release we reviewed SonicCouture Moonkits, a distinctive drum library in which its samples focused more on light & tight brush type sounds. In this interim period MoonKits has continued to be popular among users … Continue reading SonicCouture Sun Drums
- Plugin Alliance Knif Audio – Knifonium Has 92% Off - Plugin Alliance Knif Audio – Knifonium Has 92% Off This is one for the Synth Heads, but equally I think those who just like to experiment will still get a lot out of it. Here is the blurb: Capture the tone of a boutique synthesizer powered by 26 vacuum … Continue reading Plugin Alliance Knif Audio – Knifonium Has 92% Off
- Blackhole Reverb By Eventide Is At It’s Lowest Ever Price! - Blackhole Reverb By Eventide Is At It’s Lowest Ever Price! If you are looking for a massive reverb that sounds great for experimental, ambient music, or many other genres, then Blackhole has to be a serious contender. With a bunch of presets and NKS FX compatibility it’s certainly one worth having in the … Continue reading Blackhole Reverb By Eventide Is At It’s Lowest Ever Price!
- The Damage Drum Kit By Heavyocity - The Damage Drum Kit By Heavyocity KK-Access Review From the ever expanding catalogue of Heavyocity hybrid cinematic instruments, arguably the historically most notorious and commercially most used has got to be Damage. This iconic standout product entirely epitomises the Heavyocity signature sound and will almost certainly be found gracing the hard drive of … Continue reading The Damage Drum Kit By Heavyocity
- Acousmatic Engine By Cymatic Form On Promo IN Spring Sale - Acousmatic Engine By Cymatic Form On Promo IN Spring Sale If you are a fan of Kinetic Metals, Kinetic Toys or Kinetic Treats, then you may enjoy this atmospheric library by sound designer Jeremiah SAVAGE. We first reviewed the library upon release back in November 2020 Read the review here:https://kk-access.com/2020/11/25/acousmatic-engine-by-cymatic-form/ In the … Continue reading Acousmatic Engine By Cymatic Form On Promo IN Spring Sale
- Grab Applied Acoustic Systems Objeq Delay At A Bargain Price! - Grab Applied Acoustic Systems Objeq Delay At A Bargain Price! Right now at Plugin Boutique there are offers on Applied Acoustic Systems products. The standout one though in terms of a true bargain, is Objeq Delay their versatile Effect Plug-in with lots of presets and useful NKS parameter mapping. … Continue reading Grab Applied Acoustic Systems Objeq Delay At A Bargain Price!
- Freelance Soundlabs NKS News May 2022 - Freelance Soundlabs NKS News May 2022 Jason has a few nice updates & additions for us this month. First up, for Arturia Analog V owners there are the following updates: Arturia Analog Lab V / Pigments Update An update is now available for the Analog Lab V NKS Library + Pigments library. … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs NKS News May 2022