WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- CORE MICRO BY SOUNDIRON - CORE MICRO BY SOUNDIRON KK-Access Review SoundIron have brought us a hugely diverse and wide ranging collection of sample libraries over their many years in business, and they should certainly be considered as one of a the go to developers when you are looking for something out of the ordinary for … Continue reading CORE MICRO BY SOUNDIRON
- Audio Imperia Update NUCLEUS To 1.3 - Audio Imperia Update NUCLEUS To 1.3 Audio Imperia have just released an update to Nucleus their Orchestral library, which now brings it up to version 1.3 The update adds several new instruments, Celeste , Tubular Bells & Mark Tree. There is also some new sound design content with Sub Booms – featuring … Continue reading Audio Imperia Update NUCLEUS To 1.3
- Black Friday Fatigue, Let Us Know What’s Caught Your Ear? - Black Friday Fatigue, Let Us Know What’s Caught Your Ear? I used to think that it was just Christmas that got earlier each year, now it seems that Black Friday is also starting early, and is another huge contender for your money. But, are there really that many true bargains to be had, we … Continue reading Black Friday Fatigue, Let Us Know What’s Caught Your Ear?
- HOW TO HARNESS THE POWER OF THE KOMPLETE KONTROL ARP & SCALE FEATURES - HOW TO HARNESS THE POWER OF THE KOMPLETE KONTROL ARP & SCALE FEATURES The Komplete Kontrol Arp & Scale features are much more than just a simple novelty, and can often be dismissed for being just that. The fact is, that if for example you do not have a great working knowledge of … Continue reading HOW TO HARNESS THE POWER OF THE KOMPLETE KONTROL ARP & SCALE FEATURES
- SonoKinetic 12 Days of Christmas 2022 – Sign-up Now Open - SonoKinetic 12 Days of Christmas 2022 – Sign-up Now Open We all know it seems to come around quicker each year, and also appears to start earlier as well, but this is something that is worth signing up for to be in with a chance of bagging a free library or two, or just … Continue reading SonoKinetic 12 Days of Christmas 2022 – Sign-up Now Open
- U-HE Announce Zebra Legacy Day! - U-HE Announce Zebra Legacy Day! If you are already aware of U-HE as being a well respected creator & developer of soft synths, then you will almost certainly have heard of Zebra & it’s more aggressive companion Zebra HZ – The Dark Zebra. Zebra has been featured on countless film soundtracks along with … Continue reading U-HE Announce Zebra Legacy Day!
- KOMPLETE KONTROL & Maschine Receive Halloween Updates! - KOMPLETE KONTROL & Maschine Receive Halloween Updates! Both Komplete Kontrol & Maschine have today had long awaited major updates which will allow MAC users to finally have full Apple Silicon support for M1 processors, and there is also now VST 3 hosting for third party plug-ins on both platforms. After extensive testing by … Continue reading KOMPLETE KONTROL & Maschine Receive Halloween Updates!
- Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK2 & A-Series/M32 Differences - Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK2 & A-Series/M32 Differences Both of these keyboards are able to use all of the accessibility features of Komplete Kontrol, There are however slight differences in the functionality, the most notable being that on the MK2 all product and preset browsing is done using the eight touch sensitive rotary knobs … Continue reading Komplete Kontrol S-Series MK2 & A-Series/M32 Differences
- Infinite Bird Whistle BY EMERGENCE AUDIO - Infinite Bird Whistle BY EMERGENCE AUDIO KK-Access Review Emergence Audio have released several innovative textural based sample libraries in recent times, indeed we have previously looked at Soprano Textures and Violin Textures along with Quantum, which was their first NKS release right here on the KK-Access website. Emergence Audio have been … Continue reading Infinite Bird Whistle BY EMERGENCE AUDIO
- 75% Off Highscore Ultimate Bundle By Renegade Soundplay At Audio Plug-In Deals - 75% Off Highscore Ultimate Bundle By Renegade Soundplay At Audio Plug-In Deals If you happen to have a penchant for retro game sounds, then this current offer from Audio Plug-In Deals might mean that the game is far from over for you! We first reviewed High Score by Renegade Soundplay back in … Continue reading 75% Off Highscore Ultimate Bundle By Renegade Soundplay At Audio Plug-In Deals