WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Project Sam – Symphobia 4 Pandora - Project Sam – Symphobia 4 Pandora KK-Access Review The fourth incantation of the sample library series that set the standards for modern cinematic scoring has finally landed, the low whispers that have murmured around the sample library industry for well over a year have now risen to a roaring crescendo that is almost as clearly … Continue reading Project Sam – Symphobia 4 Pandora
- Freelance Soundlabs release NKS Pack for Soundspot Union Wavetable Synth - Freelance Soundlabs release NKS Pack for Soundspot Union Wavetable Synth Freelance Soundlabs have just made a new NKS pack for Soundspots Union Wavetable synth which is currently on sale at a hugely discounted price at Plugin Boutique. Normally retailing for £120.00 Plugin Boutique have it on sale at the moment for just £5.99 The Freelance … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs release NKS Pack for Soundspot Union Wavetable Synth
- InSession Audio – Release Free Shaker Library - InSession Audio – Release Free Shaker Library Based on their full featured Shimmer Shake Strike percussion library, Insession Audio have kindly for a limited time rleased a cutdown yet fully NKS ready shaker library entitled Fruitshake. To grab yourself a copy, just head on over to the link below and create an account, add your … Continue reading InSession Audio – Release Free Shaker Library
- Project Sam TFO 10 Now Released - Project Sam TFO 10 Now Released Project Sam’s free orchestra number 10 has now been made available, and to tie in with Monday’s launch of Symphobia 4 Pandora, it comes directly from that very product! TFO10 is entitled S4Pandora Bursts and features A big & bold diminuendo brass ensemble taken directly from the newly released … Continue reading Project Sam TFO 10 Now Released
- Project Sam Symphobia 4 – Pandora - Project Sam Symphobia 4 – Pandora The fourth incantation of the sample library series that set the standards for modern cinematic scoring has finally landed, the low whispers that have murmured around the sample library industry for well over a year have now risen to a roaring crescendo that is almost as clearly defined as … Continue reading Project Sam Symphobia 4 – Pandora
- Heavyocity – VENTO Modern Woodwinds, - Heavyocity – VENTO Modern Woodwinds, KK-Access Review Heavyocity have now released their third installment into the world of hybrid orchestral libraries, and this time around the Woodwind section is the subject for the New York based masters of cinematic sound design. In the last decade they have arguably redefined the sample library market with a … Continue reading Heavyocity – VENTO Modern Woodwinds,
- Red Room Audio Updates Cue Builders - Red Room Audio Updates Cue Builders Red Room Audio have just announced a 1.1 update for Cue builders their recently released Cinematic Rhythms library, The new update based on user requests and observations adds the following improvements: • ADDED: 24-bit samples (in addition to the default 16-bit) • ADDED: Playable per-stem release hits that you … Continue reading Red Room Audio Updates Cue Builders
- SonicCouture Moonkits - SonicCouture Moonkits KK-Access Review The UK based sample gurus SonicCouture have been busy tinkering away on their latest library for a little while now, and finally they’re back with yet another well thought out and alternate spin to what perhaps could have been just another run of the mill drum sample library, cue soft snare … Continue reading SonicCouture Moonkits
- SoundIron Spooky Sale! - SoundIron Spooky Sale! SoundIron have a sale going on right now with some great Halloween inspired libraries on special offer, One of the current highlights is the MIMI PAGE LIGHT & SHADOW, which offers a nice selection of ethereal as well as spookier timbres, this is down to $66 from $99. I reviewed this library … Continue reading SoundIron Spooky Sale!
- CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS – By Red Room Audio - CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS – By Red Room Audio KK-Access Review CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS is a new, innovative loop and phrase based drum and percussive library from Red Room Audio, that promises a simple fuss free way of quickly adding some epic and World rhythms to your project, whilst at the same time making … Continue reading CUE BUILDERS CINEMATIC RHYTHMS – By Red Room Audio