WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Xosphere By Sample Logic 80% Off At Audio Plugin Deals - Xosphere By Sample Logic 80% Off At Audio Plugin Deals I reviewed the Xosphere library from Sample Logic way back in 2018 here:https://kk-access.com/2018/09/20/sample-logic-xosphere-creating-an-atmosphere/ Now you can pick up this atmospheric Soundscape library for just $59.00 Not to be confused with Xosphere 2 which does not have NKS support, this version I am assured by Sample … Continue reading Xosphere By Sample Logic 80% Off At Audio Plugin Deals
- IK Multimedia MODO BASS Available With Huge Discount! - IK Multimedia MODO BASS Available With Huge Discount! IK Multimedia are kicking off the new year with a big discount on their MODO BASS physically modelled bass plugin. Normally selling for 299.99 euros, it’s on offer for just 79.99 euros. As far as I can determine there is not any native NKS support from IK … Continue reading IK Multimedia MODO BASS Available With Huge Discount!
- Using Native Access, A General Guide & Workflow - Using Native Access, A General Guide & Workflow This has been written from the Windows user perspective, however the layout will remain the same for MAC users, but Voiceover navigation will differ. For this tutorial I am using Windows Narrator, as being the Windows stock screen reader that is provided by Microsoft, and is thus … Continue reading Using Native Access, A General Guide & Workflow
- A Short Guide On Using The Track Mixer Feature Of Komplete Kontrol Keyboards With Reaper - A Short Guide On Using The Track Mixer Feature Of Komplete Kontrol Keyboards With Reaper Does not apply to S-Series MK1 Models A-Series & M32 Controllers This section covers A25, A49, A61 & M32 Mini Controllers. Setting Up You will need to have the Reaper Kontrol driver installed into your Reaper user plugins … Continue reading A Short Guide On Using The Track Mixer Feature Of Komplete Kontrol Keyboards With Reaper
- SonoKinetic 12 Days of Christmas 2021 - SonoKinetic 12 Days of Christmas 2021 For those not subscribed to the general sonoKinetic newsletter, you may be interested to know that they are once again in annual festive tradition running their 12 days of christmas campaign. During this period selected SonoKinetic libraries are significantly discounted, or even given away for free in limited quantities … Continue reading SonoKinetic 12 Days of Christmas 2021
- Able Artist Foundation News - Able Artist Foundation News Able Artist Foundation have announced their first partnership with a hardware manufacturer, as described in this extract from their latest newsletter: Focusrite Partnership. After many weeks of exploring ways to work together, we are happy to announce that Focusrite is now our first hardware partner! Now, because we are dealing with … Continue reading Able Artist Foundation News
- Geosonics II By SonicCouture - Geosonics II By SonicCouture KK-Access Review I first started using Geosonics by SonicCouture back in November 2017, however whilst undertaking my usual pre-review research, I had not realised that the first version of Geosonics dates back as far back as 2013. Although irrelevant for this article which hails the release of Geosonics II, it does … Continue reading Geosonics II By SonicCouture
- Renegade Soundplay Announces New Anniversary Edition Preset Pack For High Score - Renegade Soundplay Announces New Anniversary Edition Preset Pack For High Score Renegade Soundplay announces the Anniversary Edition Preset Pack for High Score. This preset pack is in honor of the one-year anniversary of the initial release of High Score after the successful Kickstarter campaign in autumn 2020. High Score is Renegade Soundplay’s award-winning 1980s video game sound generator for Native Instruments’ Kontakt 6 or the free Kontakt 6 player. During the Kickstarter … Continue reading Renegade Soundplay Announces New Anniversary Edition Preset Pack For High Score
- Will This Kontakt Library Work in Komplete Kontrol? - Will This Kontakt Library Work in Komplete Kontrol? Probably one of the most commonly asked questions and admittedly Whether something is going to work within Komplete Kontrol is Probably one of the most commonly asked questions, and admittedly can be a topic of confusion. The main thing to look for when purchasing a current Kontakt … Continue reading Will This Kontakt Library Work in Komplete Kontrol?
- Get Your Free Fruit Shake Here! - Get Your Free Fruit Shake Here! Get Your Free Fruit Shake Here! In Session Audio are once again offering their mini Fruit Shake library for gratis until November 24th. If you missed it the last time around, Fruit Shake is a small library that can be extremely handy for adding that elusive rhythmical element in … Continue reading Get Your Free Fruit Shake Here!