WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Celebrate 25 Years Of Native Instruments - Celebrate 25 Years Of Native Instruments Native Instruments are celebrating 25 years of existence with their range of hardware products being released in limited edition numbers of special colours, probably not of priority interest to our community, but one should never pre judge 🙂 Perhaps of more interest however, is a free Play series Kontakt … Continue reading Celebrate 25 Years Of Native Instruments
- Free Pumpkin Patch Library From Fracture Sounds… - Free Pumpkin Patch Library From Fracture Sounds… Tis the Halloween season, and to celebrate Fracture Sounds who kindly gave us the excellent free Sleigh Bells library last year, are celebrating this spooky time of year with this deep sampled pumpkin percussion library for Kontakt. The single NKI preset file requires the full version of Kontakt … Continue reading Free Pumpkin Patch Library From Fracture Sounds…
- SYMPHONIC DESTRUCTION BY HEAVYOCITY - SYMPHONIC DESTRUCTION BY HEAVYOCITY KK-Access Review A perceivable period of silence from Heavyocity seems inevitably to signal the run up to a new product launch. Actually in this case a lull before the storm would be a more appropriate description, because this release , hailed as a Symphonic alternative to Damage looks all set to … Continue reading SYMPHONIC DESTRUCTION BY HEAVYOCITY
- Freelance Soundlabs NKS NEWS- October 2021 - Freelance Soundlabs NKS NEWS- October 2021 Jason has a couple of new libraries as well as updates this month as follows: Cherry Audio Mercury-4 Another fantastic synth from Cherry Audio, Mercury-4 is a recreation of the Roland Jupiter 4 and sounds great. We have an NKS library created for this synth which includes the expected … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs NKS NEWS- October 2021
- Audio Plugin Deals Offer Big Discount on Red Room Audio Palette Complete Series - Audio Plugin Deals Offer Big Discount on Red Room Audio Palette Complete Series If you are considering dipping your toes into the waters of Orchestral scoring, then this latest APD deal might well be of interest. They are running an offer on the full collection of 4 Palette libraries which consist of: PALETTe SYMPHONIC SKETCHPADPALETTe … Continue reading Audio Plugin Deals Offer Big Discount on Red Room Audio Palette Complete Series
- BOX FACTORY BY FRACTURE SOUNDS - BOX FACTORY BY FRACTURE SOUNDS KK-Access Review Fracture Sounds are back with a bang, or should that be a boom, whatever descriptor we opt to use, this latest release is entirely percussive in nature, involving a concert hall, a large collection of various sized cardboard boxes, and multiple stick types with which to hit them … Continue reading BOX FACTORY BY FRACTURE SOUNDS
- SoundIron 80% Discount Bundles Offer Now On At Native Instruments - SoundIron 80% Discount Bundles Offer Now On At Native Instruments The very latest partner deal at the Native Instruments website is for some spectacular savings on SoundIron products. There are two product bundles on offer, the SoundIron Collection 2 which is an updated version of a previous collection with new instruments added. SoundIron Vocal Suite … Continue reading SoundIron 80% Discount Bundles Offer Now On At Native Instruments
- Korg Collection 3 NKS Now Available - Korg Collection 3 NKS Now Available This NKS Library pack is an updated version of the Korg Legacy bundle which now includes ALL 11 Korg Collection Instruments. This bundle contains all factory presets and additional Korg expansion banks for all Korg Collection 3 instruments to browse using the Komplete Kontrol or Maschine software and hardware … Continue reading Korg Collection 3 NKS Now Available
- Renegade Soundplay – High Score Retro Game Library - Renegade Soundplay – High Score Retro Game Library KK-Access Review There have been several releases dedicated to the revival of retro game utopia, those ubiquitous bleeps, blips, white noise explosions and cheesy chip tunes that provided the accompanying soundtracks to the computer games of yesteryear, are it seems still very desirable. Whether it be from … Continue reading Renegade Soundplay – High Score Retro Game Library
- Limited Time Promotion ON D16 Group Nepheton - Limited Time Promotion ON D16 Group Nepheton As the calendar is once again about to roll around to 8,08, then it’s again time for developers of Roland classic instrument emulations to have a sale that reflects the numbers of the product range 🙂 So it is that D16 Group’s 808 drum machine emulation “Nepheton” is … Continue reading Limited Time Promotion ON D16 Group Nepheton