WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Good News For Mac Reaper Users… Reaper Control Mac is now here! - Good News For Mac Reaper Users… Reaper Control Mac is now here! Komplete Kontrol DAW integration for MAC Reaper users looks like it may now be a thing thanks to the guy named BrumBrum who also wrote the Windows version based as I understand it on Jamie’s original code. We do have people on Mac … Continue reading Good News For Mac Reaper Users… Reaper Control Mac is now here!
- NKS Products, A Current Noteworthy Sales – Round up! - NKS Products, A Current Noteworthy Sales – Round up! The Unfinished Release Substrata For U-HE Repro 1 The Unfinished has released a new soundset for U-HE Repro 1, their authentic analogue synth that is highly influenced by Sequential Circuits Pro 1 mono synth from the early eighties (alas I remember it well!) There are 150 … Continue reading NKS Products, A Current Noteworthy Sales – Round up!
- Komplete Kontrol Extended Macros Now Available For macOS… - Komplete Kontrol Extended Macros Now Available For macOS… Jason Dasent who is known for his existing Keyboard Maestro Macro solution for the Native Instruments Maschine device, has now set his focus on making the Komplete Kontrol standalone application fully accessible using the same means. In a recent demonstration he showed how by use of his … Continue reading Komplete Kontrol Extended Macros Now Available For macOS…
- Orange Tree Samples Announce 2020 Group Buy! - Orange Tree Samples Announce 2020 Group Buy! Gosh! can it really be a whole year since the last one? Well the answer is yes, as Orange Tree Samples have today launched their annual group buy, this time for savings up to 50%, that’s a little less than last year if I’m not mistaken! For the … Continue reading Orange Tree Samples Announce 2020 Group Buy!
- SonicCouture ALL SAINTS Organ - SonicCouture ALL SAINTS Organ KK-Access review Following on from the release of All Saints Choir, the chaps at SonicCouture have further expanded upon the musical richness of the venue, with the release of a library that spotlights the resident All Saints Organ, a splendid pipe organ which was originally built by Harrison and Harrison in … Continue reading SonicCouture ALL SAINTS Organ
- Freelance Soundlabs Spectrasonics Keyscape NKS Update - Freelance Soundlabs Spectrasonics Keyscape NKS Update The spectrasonics Keyscape library has been updated to 5.2.4 which updates some presets that were changed by spectrasonics so the NKS preset appears different from the original. This mainly affected acoustic piano models and so these have all been updated within the Keyscape VST to hopefully now match … Continue reading Freelance Soundlabs Spectrasonics Keyscape NKS Update
- Rob Papen Updates New Quad Synth for NKS Including Explorer 6 Package… - Rob Papen Updates New Quad Synth for NKS Including Explorer 6 Package… QUAD was the first-ever Rack Extension synthesizer built from the ground up for Reason, and has recently been released as a VST product in it’s own right. Although the synth did not have NKS support on the initial release, as with all Rob … Continue reading Rob Papen Updates New Quad Synth for NKS Including Explorer 6 Package…
- Heavyocity Mosaic Bass - Heavyocity Mosaic Bass KK-Access Review Heavyocity get down to basics in this brand new edition to their Mosaic series… New York based Heavyocity have certainly been keeping busy under lockdown, both compiling their excellent Stayhome donationware loop pack, and also putting the finishing touches to this their third in the Mosaic series. Mosaic Keys and … Continue reading Heavyocity Mosaic Bass
- Heavyocity Release Mosaic Bass… - Heavyocity Release Mosaic Bass… Heavyocity are today releasing Mosaic Bass the third in their current Mosaic library series. From the press release: Mosaic Bass continues the work of Mosaic Keys & Mosaic Voices: empowering you to create dynamic, cinematic textures from a palette of inspiring sources. Combining growling sampled synth with vibrant organic attacks and … Continue reading Heavyocity Release Mosaic Bass…
- Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro, Core & Discover Updates - Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro, Core & Discover Updates We are Pleased to report that Spitfire have acknowledged the one or two issues early adoptors had noticed with the Pro and Core libraries. BBC SO Pro The absence of the Bass Flute NKSF preset is on the fix list as a priority, which means … Continue reading Spitfire Audio BBC Symphony Orchestra Pro, Core & Discover Updates