WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Native Instruments Team Up With Output For New Promotion… - Native Instruments Team Up With Output For New Promotion… Native Instruments have today launched their latest promotion with partners Output, with some spectacular savings to b had. You can now get up to 70% off Output Engines when you purchase them as a bundle and also get to pick up to 10 expansions to further … Continue reading Native Instruments Team Up With Output For New Promotion…
- Native Instruments – Mysteria - Native Instruments – Mysteria KK-Access Review Control your own nightmares with this new Cinematic Vocal Instrument! Mysteria has to be one of Native Instruments more intriguing libraries, developed by the genius that is Uli Baronowsky and his developers at Galaxy Instruments. Over the years they have brought us such notable milestone releases as Rise & … Continue reading Native Instruments – Mysteria
- Spitfire Audio – Eric WHITACRE Choir - Spitfire Audio – Eric WHITACRE Choir KK-Access Review There can be little argument that the oldest musical instrument known to humankind is it’s own voice, long before mankind even had the inkling to rhythmically hit sticks together, or had any sentient thoughts to construct an instrument that was something even remotely tonal in nature,, we … Continue reading Spitfire Audio – Eric WHITACRE Choir
- Native Instruments and Galaxy Instruments Release Stunning New Vocal Library… - Native Instruments and Galaxy Instruments Release Stunning New Vocal Library… MYSTERIA is an exciting new vocal based cinematic vocal library developed by Galaxy Instruments and released via Native Instruments. Galaxy Instruments are of course renowned for such milestone releases as Unicorder, Thrill and Noire, and have been busy developing what looks set to be yet … Continue reading Native Instruments and Galaxy Instruments Release Stunning New Vocal Library…
- Latest News From Freelance Soundlabs… - Latest News From Freelance Soundlabs… NKS pack guru Jason has once again been busy converting and updating libraries for use with Komplete Kontrol, and this month brings some nice updates. First up comes and update for UVI Vintage Vault, adding the new presets from the new version 3, this provides a rather huge 10,000 plus … Continue reading Latest News From Freelance Soundlabs…
- Shimmer Shake Strike (Expanded Version) by InSession Audio - Shimmer Shake Strike (Expanded Version) by InSession Audio KK-Access.com Review The rhythmic element of a music track can sometimes provide the magical lift needed to bring a piece of music to life. whilst perhaps not always consciously appreciated by the end listener, it can be the hidden key and final touch to unlocking the groove … Continue reading Shimmer Shake Strike (Expanded Version) by InSession Audio
- Latest NKS Packs From Freelance Soundlabs… - Latest NKS Packs From Freelance Soundlabs… Freelance Soundlabs have opened 2020 with new NKS pack releases for popular products. First up comes the Korg Triton NKS pack, which adds support for Korg’s newly released soft synth (currently on offer until January 16th). The pack includes fully tagged presets for all of the current factory content … Continue reading Latest NKS Packs From Freelance Soundlabs…
- SUB51 Release EDG-20 retro drum module - SUB51 Release EDG-20 retro drum module UK based sample library developers SUB51 have just released their new EDG 20 drum module library based on the legendary Linn LM series of drum machines. You can hear the Linn drum sound used on many eighties tracks, and particularly on the Human League’s Dare album where the machine … Continue reading SUB51 Release EDG-20 retro drum module
- Project Sam Release the Final Free Orchestra Number 12 - Project Sam Release the Final Free Orchestra Number 12 The free taster libraries that Project Sam have been releasing over the past year are finally drawing to a close with this final outing, TFO – #12: Luminous Choir Warm and soothing choir swells, performed by 6 altos, 6 tenors and 6 basses in the lush … Continue reading Project Sam Release the Final Free Orchestra Number 12
- Seasonal Greetings to All KK List Members! - Seasonal Greetings to All KK List Members! I just wanted to take a moment to wish all KK-Access.com readers best wishes for the holiday season, whether you celebrate Christmas or not, the approaching New Year signals another year of Komplete Kontrol usage, and also the dawn of a new decade! We have an ever growing … Continue reading Seasonal Greetings to All KK List Members!