WELCOME TO KK-ACCESS…
Komplete Kontrol and the NKS standard is a music software and hardware system developed by Native Instruments to seamlessly integrate the control and use of VST plug-in instruments and effects with their range of Komplete Kontrol keyboards.
In 2016 Native Instruments introduced an ‘accessibility mode’ in a software update, which utilises the inbuilt text to speech engines on both MAC and Windows computers. This allows for spoken feeback of both product and preset browsing as well as the editing and manipulation of instrument sounds and effects.
Although seemingly a simple act this has dramatically transformed the ability for blind and visually impaired musicians to interact and use VST based software instruments to a degree where it is now possible to do so for the most part without the prior necessity for bespoke screenreader scripting solutions.
For Musicians AND SOUND CREATIVES…
The aim of KK-Access is simple, to keep you informed…
Technology by it’s very nature attracts a diverse spectrum of users, and with this comes a degree of ambiguity surrounding the infromation and knowledge required to harness it for their creative needs.
With this in mind we hope to publish informative articles on how to use Komplete Kontrol products and related software, with an emphasis on product reviews, simple ‘how to’ articles and industry related product news and links which will enable you to quickly get the information you need from a central point of resource.
There is also an associated Komplete Kontrol Access Google group list which offers the opportunity for discussion from both users and developers alike (see links section).
developers should be aware that the Komplete Kontrol accessibility market is one of emerging prominence , as word spreads globally more blind and visually impaired users/customers are committing to the Komplete Kontrol platform and NKS ready libraries and instruments.
This also has positive spillage into the education sector where product acceptance is often awarded on aspects of core accessibility and inclusiveness.
Native Instruments own developer SDK has a section which addresses suggested accessibility criteria for NKS products in more detail and is recommended reading for developers wishing to implement these important enhancements into their own products.
As a blind musician, writer, composer and sound designer myself I have been working with various developers to promote, assist and advise on recommended NKS parameter mapping, as such I am keen to further promote the wider ongoing take up of NKS to encourage it’s development and thus longevity as an access solution.
With this in mind I am happy to receive enquiries from interested parties on this topic.
You can contact kk-access at the following address:
- Spitfire Audio Join Able Artist Foundation Discount Scheme - Spitfire Audio Join Able Artist Foundation Discount Scheme I am pleased to announce that Spitfire Audio have now joined the growing list of sample library developers who are now participating with Able Artist Foundations discount scheme. Able Artist Foundation is a 501(c)(3) organization who promote and advocate for artists with disabilities through interviews, panel discussions, … Continue reading Spitfire Audio Join Able Artist Foundation Discount Scheme
- A BIG thank you to Native Instruments on this ‘Global Accessibility Awareness Day’, - A BIG thank you to Native Instruments on this ‘Global Accessibility Awareness Day’, for their continued work in supporting blind and visually impaired musicians through the speech feedback accessibility features built into the Komplete Kontrol software, from this they have enabled a large and continually growing number of sight impaired creatives to pursue their art! … Continue reading A BIG thank you to Native Instruments on this ‘Global Accessibility Awareness Day’,
- Native Instruments Launch Heavyweight Bass & Drums Promotion! - Native Instruments Launch Heavyweight Bass & Drums Promotion! Native Instruments have today began their latest promotion, which this time around combines products from GetGood Drums, Impact Soundworks & Orange Tree Samples. There are some great quality sample libraries here, and some big savings to be had, 70% on the complete bundle, or 50% on individual … Continue reading Native Instruments Launch Heavyweight Bass & Drums Promotion!
- SUB51 Launch Limited Promo Offer, Buy Satur809 And Get CC06 For Free! - SUB51 Launch Limited Promo Offer, Buy Satur809 And Get CC06 For Free! UK based sample library developer SUB51, have just announced a limited time offer on their fantastic Satur809 classic drum machine library. Until May 14th if you purchase Satur809 and add CC06 to your basket, then apply the coupon code (found at the bottom … Continue reading SUB51 Launch Limited Promo Offer, Buy Satur809 And Get CC06 For Free!
- The Unfinished Releases Firebird for U-HE Repro One - The Unfinished Releases Firebird for U-HE Repro One The acclaimed synth Sound design guru Matt Bowdler aka The Unfinished has today released his latest soundset for U-HE Repro One. Matt says… Firebird is a collection of 150 patches for u-he’s stellar emulation of the classic Sequential Circuits Pro One. Pulsing with raw, analogue energy, Firebird … Continue reading The Unfinished Releases Firebird for U-HE Repro One
- win a copy of sub51’s satur809 Classic Drum Machine Library! - win a copy of sub51’s satur809 Classic Drum Machine Library! KK-Access recently reviewed UK based developer SUB51’s Satur809 Classic Roland TR808 & TR909 Drum machine library, which has had some great features added in the latest 1.5 update. Now you can win yourself a free copy of the library in the first KK-Access prize draw … Continue reading win a copy of sub51’s satur809 Classic Drum Machine Library!
- Project Sam Release Free Monthly Library Number Four! - Project Sam TFO4 Released This month’s free mini library from Project Sam is ‘Heroic Horns ‘ Details as follows: It’s time for the fourth release in The Free Orchestra series! This month’s TFO let’s you play an epic, 8-player French horn section, recorded in the beautiful environment of the Symphobia concert hall. The instrument layers … Continue reading Project Sam Release Free Monthly Library Number Four!
- Project Sam Offer 50% Off Symphobia Titles For One Week! - Project Sam Easter Sale – 50% Off Symphobia Titles for One Week! Project Sam rarely have sales, however they have announced a one week only reduction on their hugely popular and sought after Symphobia range of Orchestral libraries. All are now NKS ready and offer a good palette of String, Brass and Woodwind sounds along … Continue reading Project Sam Offer 50% Off Symphobia Titles For One Week!
- Audiority Easter Sale on Omnisphere Preset Sound Packs! - Audiority Sale on Omnisphere Preset Packs! Audiority create a range of FX plug-ins and also preset sound packs for Omnisphere. They currently have a 50% off Easter sale, I have listed below their Omnisphere preset packs which I know have equivelant NKSF presets created for them and available from Freelance Soundlabs. For these to work … Continue reading Audiority Easter Sale on Omnisphere Preset Sound Packs!
- SATUR809 Drum Machine Library by SUB51 – 1.5 Update, Second Look Review! - SUB51 Satu809 Drum Library Revisited It’s a rare occurrence that KK-Access takes a second look at a product after it’s initial release, however following some excellent dialog with the developer some major additions and accessibility improvements have been integrated, so much so that I felt that it warranted a second look for us blind and … Continue reading SATUR809 Drum Machine Library by SUB51 – 1.5 Update, Second Look Review!